Nova Health Provider Profile
“I love working with people to help them maintain and improve their long term health.”
Josh Nicholson, PA-C
Josh Nicholson’s career in medicine was inspired by his deep-rooted desire to help others. “After I graduated from undergrad, I was completely unsure what I wanted to do, but was looking for something that had a lot of interaction with other people and felt meaningful. I started work in an emergency department as a scribe and instantly found my love for medicine. Within a week of starting that job, I knew I had found the field I wanted to work in. It led me toward becoming a Physician Assistant.”
In 2018 Josh graduated from Midwestern University, College of Health Sciences in Glendale Arizona where he earned a Master of Medical Science Degree in Physician Assistant Studies. Before joining the Nova Health team, Josh worked as a Physician Assistant at Stayton Family Practice in Stayton, OR.
Today, Josh offers comprehensive and compassionate care to his patients, helping them to understand their health risk factors and treatment options, and build effective and sustainable care plans together. Josh also draws on his two areas of expertise when treating his patients. “I have a strong interest in both cardiology and psychiatry.”
Josh’s advice to his patients is simple but effective. “I wish I could convince every patient to take an active role in their healthcare and value the importance of their health.”
When not working with his patients, Josh remains active. “I try to rock climb at least four days a week and also enjoy many of the other outdoor activities that Oregon has to offer, including camping, swimming, hiking, and snowboarding. I try to spend most of my weekends on some kind of outdoor adventure.” He lives in Eugene with his golden retriever, Abbie.
- Master of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies, Midwestern University, College of Health Sciences, Glendale, Arizona, 2018
- Bachelor of Science Degree in General Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, 2013
- Stayton Family Practice | Physician Assistant | Stayton, OR | 2018 – 2019
- Autism Comprehensive Educational Services (ACES) | Behavioral Interventionist | San Jose, CA | 2016
- Regional Medical Center | Emergency Department Scribe | San Jose, CA | 2014 – 2016
- Department of Zoology at University of British Columbia | Undergraduate Assistant | Vancouver, British Columbia | 2013 – 2014
- Department of Physiology and Biophysics at Weill Cornell Medical College | Undergraduate Assistant | New York, New York | 2012
- Mpala Research Center | Undergraduate Researcher | Kenya, Africa | 2012
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified 2017
- Barbour MA, Fortuna MA, Bascompte J, et al. Genetic specificity of a plant-insect food web: Implications for linking genetic variation to network complexity.
- HOME Clinic Volunteer at Vista Colina Emergency Family Shelter
- Homeless Services Center Volunteered, Santa Cruz, California