Nova Health Provider Profile
“Life is long, and there is always hope.”
Josh Middlekauff, DNP
Working in health care was Josh Middlekauff’s ambition growing up in Oregon. “I have always had a passion for helping others and a mind for science.” Today, he finds satisfaction in caring for his patients. “From day to day, work is always changing, with new opportunities and challenges.” As a family practice provider and a member of our Nova Health compassionate care team, Josh helps his patients to understand their symptoms, risks, and treatment options. He brings knowledge, understanding, clinical expertise, and a warm disposition to his patients, giving them hope and the help and support they need. Josh is pleased to be giving back to the community.
Josh graduated from the University of Michigan in 2015 as a Doctor of Nursing Practice. He has offered his clinical expertise both in healthcare and higher education settings. He has helped to inspire the next generation of health care leaders by working as a clinical nursing instructor at both Davenport University in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon.
When he’s not working, Josh enjoys spending time with his spouse and children, attending church, listening to music, watching movies, and playing sports.
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI, 2008
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, University of Michigan, Flint, MI, 2015
- Umpqua Health and Umpqua Community Health Center | Family Primary Care | Roseburg, OR | 2015 – 2020
- Umpqua Community College | Clinical Nursing Instructor | Roseburg, OR | 2014 – 2015
- Davenport University | Clinical Nursing Instructor | Grand Rapids, MI | 2012 – 2013
- Spectrum Health | Registered Nurse | Grand Rapids, MI |2009 – 2012
- Registered Nurse, Oregon
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Oregon
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certified
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certified