Nova Health Provider Profile
“I joined Nova Health not only to provide curative services as a healthcare practitioner, but also to incorporate my nursing background to deliver genuine care for patients in all diversities as an FNP provider through effective communication, empathy, and compassion.”
Ferich Regunan brings to Nova Health over twenty-five years of dedicated, compassionate, and empathetic health care experience. She is passionate about providing quality patient care. She is committed to continually expanding her clinical experience, skills, and knowledge to ensure she is best-suited to promote exceptional patient service predicated on collaboration with her patients and fellow care team members.
Led by her sensitive nature, it is crucial to Ferich that her patients feel every opportunity to talk to her and feel cared for and heard. “I believe in open communication. I want to help my patients verbalize not only their physical symptoms but also their psychosocial conflict. I always tell them I have time to listen. I believe that the key to healthcare success is when you, as a provider, make sure that your patients and families understand your goal, whether it’s about a health screening, disease prevention, treatment, or rehabilitation.”
As a Family Nurse Practitioner, Ferich provides her patients with care related to preventive screenings, immunizations, wellness exams, chronic conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic heart failure (CHF, stroke, post-hospitalization follow-ups, and minor surgical procedures. Her over two decades of experience allow her to care for patients across the wellness spectrum, offering treatment plans for pediatric care, women’s services, and geriatric patients.
“I have devoted almost half of my life to healthcare delivery. Aside from the shortage of primary care providers, there is a shortage of providers who listen to the stories behind their patients’ pain. That is what inspired me the most to become a medical provider; to be a part of the solution by being not just a competent provider, but also a provider who has time and is willing to listen.”
Ferich began her medical career working as a Registered Nurse at a hospital in Manila, Philippines. Upon moving to the United States, she spent several years leveraging her clinical coordination and leadership experience as a charge nurse in Southeastern Texas. Ferich earned her Master of Science Degree in Nursing in 2018 from Walden University in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She spent a year interning as a family nurse practitioner at a family clinic in Edinburg, Texas, where she cared for patients ranging from pediatric to geriatric, including maternal care. “My internship experience catalyzed my personal and professional growth as a primary care provider for families and individuals across the life span.”
Ferich also completed an internship focused on advanced practice care of adults and elders at Dr. Asistores-Quilon MD, PA Family Clinic, and the Lopez Family Clinic in Edinburg, TX. She also completed a primary care internship focusing on women’s health with Dr. Uribe, OB-Gyn, in Edinburg. After completing her internships, Ferich worked as a full-time family nurse practitioner at the Dr. Asistores-Quilon MD, PA, Family Clinic, where she gained further experience treating diverse populations. During this time, she gained knowledge about promoting health and assessing, diagnosing, treating, and evaluating patients of all ages, genders, races, cultures, and religious orientations.
Ferich also spent ten years guiding and mentoring and supervising a staff of seven to eight nurses and three to four certified nursing assistants at Doctors Hospital at Renaissance in Edinburg, Texas. During her tenure at Doctors Hospital, she also coordinated in-service programs and continuing education for staff improvement, helping others achieve the highest possible healthcare service level.
“The most endearing aspects of being a family and primary care provider are the interactions and mutually trusting relationships with patients and their family members. It’s personally rewarding whenever I feel their genuine trust for me to allow my best effort in helping them take care of their health-related concerns, whether acute or chronic.”
Ferich is fluent in English and Filipino and medical conversational Spanish. When not caring for her patients, Ferich can be found walking in the park with her dog, Charlie.
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN, 2018
- Lopez Family Clinic | Primary Care Intern | McAllen, TX | 2018 | 2017 – 2018
- Edinburg Regional Medical Center | Charge Nurse | Edinburg, TX |
- Marilyn Asistores- Quilon, M.D. P.A. Family Clinic | Adult and Gerontologic Care Intern | Edinburg, TX | 2016 – 2018
- Lourdes Uribe, Obstetrics & Gynecology Clinic | Obstetrics and Gynecology Intern | McAllen, TX | 2017 – 2018
- All Children’s Pediatric Clinic | Pediatric Care Internship | McAllen, TX | 2017
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center | Full-Time Staff Nurse | Dallas, TX | 2016
- Mission Regional Medical Center | Clinical Coordinator and Charge Nurse | Mission, TX | 2015 – 2016
- Doctors Hospital at Renaissance | Charge Nurse | Edinburg, TX | 2005 – 2015
- McAllen Medical Center | Charge Nurse | McAllen, TX | 2001 – 2005
- AMOSUP Seamen’s Hospital Manila | Charge Nurse | Manila, Philippines | 1995 – 2001
- Certified Registered Nurse
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Texas Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Certified
- Certificate of Completion for Leadership Excellence from the University of Texas University Health Services, 2002