Nova Health Provider Profile
Erin Cassidy, FNP
When it comes to her role as a family nurse practitioner (FNP), Erin Cassidy is as passionate today as she was when she began her career in 1998. “What I love most about practicing medicine is developing a trusted, professional relationship with my patients that promotes the health of body, mind, and spirit.” Inspired by nurses and doctors in her hometown community, Erin pursued a nursing certification and career in health care, drawing on her inherent interest and aptitude for science and biology. “I have always enjoyed working with others and enjoy having a positive impact on individuals, families, and communities.”
Focusing on prevention, Erin takes a compassionate and personalized approach to health care, treating every patient holistically for optimal, long-term health. “I believe my greatest strengths are communication and the enthusiasm I have for the learning process.” Erin is detail-oriented, conscientious, and above all respectful of her patients. She is also Irish and prescribes a dose of Irish charm and good luck to everyone she treats.
Erin’s nursing career began in in Colorado at Parkview Medical Center she worked in the emergency department and the cardiovascular intensive care unit from 1998 until 2004.
From 2004 to 2007 Erin shared her passion for learning with students at Colorado State University at Pueblo where she led instruction in the Nursing Program as a visiting professor. During this time, she also cared for students at the University’s Student Health Center. In 2005 Erin earned her Master of Science Degree in Nursing and began practicing as a Family Nurse Practioner with Southern Colorado Emergency Specialists, continuing work she started with the facility while earning her degree.
From 2007 to 2018 Erin’s clinical care was focused in the cardiovascular specialty. During this time she held positions at Pueblo Cardiology Associates in Pueblo, Colorado, Salem CardioVascular Associates in Salem, Oregon, and Shaw Heart and Vascular Specialists in Roseburg, Oregon. From 2017 to 2019 she also cared for patients at the Park Medical Group Family Practice in Roseburg, Oregon.
Erin lives in Roseburg and enjoys spending time with her family. When not working she can be found spending time in the mountains and along the rivers and coast hiking with her dogs Rudy and Kenai. She also enjoys such creative pastimes as knitting, painting, art, and photography.
- Master of Science Degree, Nursing, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, CO
- Master of Science Degree, Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, CO
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Nursing, Colorado State University, Pueblo, CO
- Park Medical Group | Family Nurse Practioner | Roseburg, OR | 2017 – 2019
- Shaw Heart and Vascular Specialists | Family Nurse Practioner | Roseburg, OR | 2011 – 2018
- Salem CardioVascular Associates | Family Nurse Practioner | Salem, OR | 2009 – 2011
- Pueblo Cardiology Associates | Family Nurse Practioner | Pueblo, CO | 2007 – 2009
- Southern Colorado Emergency Specialists | Family Nurse Practioner | Pueblo, CO | 2005 – 2006
- Colorado State University at Pueblo Nursing Program | Visiting Professor | Pueblo, CO | 2004 – 2007
- Colorado State University Student Health Center | Registered Nurse | Pueblo, CO | 2004 – 2007
- Parkview Medical Center Cardiovascular ICU | Registered Nurse | Pueblo, CO | 2000 – 2004
- Parkview Medical Center Emergency Department | Registered Nurse | Pueblo, CO | 1998 – 2000
- Family Nurse Practioner (AANP) – Certified in Oregon
- Registered Nurse – Certified in Oregon
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification