Nova Health Provider Profile
“What I love most about medicine is interacting with people from all walks of life and educating my patients to take their health into their own hands.”
When she embarked on her career path, Emily Herrmann knew that medicine would provide a challenging yet rewarding career. Since then, she has excelled academically and in practice, and her passion for patient care has only blossomed. Emily brings to Nova Health her expertise in family medicine and her commitment to rural populations. “I wish I could help my patients understand the importance of communicating openly. I hope to be an advocate for my patients and want to make them feel comfortable and understood.”
Emily earned her Master of Science Degree in Physician Assistant Studies in 2020 from Pacific University in Hillsboro, Oregon, where she was an Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Scholar. The AHEC program aims to prepare health profession students for future practice in rural and urban underserved communities.
During Emily’s General Surgery rotation at the Santiam Memorial Hospital in Stayton, Oregon, Emily became proficient in perioperative care and suturing while participating in over twenty general surgery cases and 50 orthopedic surgical cases. During her orthopedic trauma surgery rotation, she refined her skills in interpreting X-rays, CT and MRI scans, and post-operative wound management.
While studying to obtain her Master of Science degree, Emily also worked at Riverbend and University District Hospital as a medical scribe. She collaborated with emergency medicine physicians to assist with charting and documenting patient visits. During this time, she also leveraged her leadership skills and commitment to the highest quality records by training new employees on medical documentation.
A descendent of an Oregon pioneer, Emily was born and raised in Oregon and is thrilled to serve the community where she grew up. She enjoys rock climbing, cross-country skiing, hiking, knitting, and speaks conversational French.
- Master of Science Degree in Physician Assistant Studies, Pacific University, Hillsboro, Oregon, 2020
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Kinesiology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, 2016
- North Country HealthCare Round Valley | Family Medicine | Springerville and St. Johns, AZ | 2019 – 2020
- Santiam Memorial Hospital | General Surgery | Stayton, OR | 2019 – 2020
- Slocum Orthopedics | Orthopedic Trauma Surgery | Eugene, OR | 2019 – 2020
- Oregon Health & Science University, Intensive Care Unit | Inpatient Medicine, Trauma Surgical | Portland, OR | 2019 – 2020
- PeaceHealth Urgent Care | Primary Care | Eugene, OR | 2019 – 2020
- Waikiki Health | Internal Medicine | Honolulu, HI | 2019 – 2020
- PeaceHealth | Emergency Medicine | Eugene and Springfield, OR | 2019 – 2020
- Riverbend and University District Hospital | Medical Scribe | Eugene and Springfield, OR | 2016 – 2018
- Physician Assistant Certified
- Drug Enforcement Administration Certified
- Medically Assisted Treatment Certified
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- American Academy of Physician Assistant member
- “The Effects of Low-Dose Naltrexone in the Treatment of Fibromyalgia Pain, ” Pacific University, Hillsboro, OR, 2020
- Community Service Committee Co-Chair, Pacific University, Hillsboro, OR, 2018 – 2020
- Interprofessional Diabetes Clinic Volunteer, Pacific University, Hillsboro, OR, 2019
- Special Olympics First Aid Volunteer, Portland, OR, 2019