Nova Health Provider Profile
“I am passionate about providing care to all my patients with a special interest in preventative medicine, contraception, including intrauterine contraception and implants, and minor procedures.”
Devon Schneider brings her passion for health and her compassion for care to her role as a family nurse practitioner (FNP). The appreciation of her patients and seeing them benefit from her care is what she loves most about her job in healthcare. Having worked in a variety of settings and provided a full breadth of patient care needs, she is uniquely positioned for family practice. Qualified and skilled to treat chronic and complex conditions, execute wellness screenings, and address mild illnesses and injuries, Devon offers her patients the ability to manage the entire care continuum.“The care I witnessed others receive as a child inspired me to become a healthcare professional and provide similar care to others.” Devon earned her nursing degree at Rush University College of Nursing in Chicago, Illinois. She then went on to work a combined eight years as an operating room nurse and surgical intensive care unit nurse at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL, before turning her focus to family medicine.
“I moved from Chicago, Illinois, to Roseburg, Oregon, when I received my master’s degree.” Devon worked for four years as a family nurse practitioner at DCIPA private practice in Roseburg. For over four years before joining Nova Health, she worked at Healing Spirit Integrative Health Center in Eugene, and at Planned Parenthood, where she provided women’s preventive care treatment. “I have been trained to do intrauterine contraception and arm implants for contraception.”
Devon’s advice to her patients is one of straightforward, healthy decision-making. “The advice I’d like to give to my patients is to incorporate a healthy, less stressful lifestyle in whatever ways possible such as increasing exercise, eating well, and finding time for enjoyable hobbies while improving their health.”
“In my personal time, I enjoy spending time with my children, hiking, snow skiing, gardening, and swimming. I walk my dog and take the kids to the park.” Devon lives in Eugene with her spouse, two sons, and German Shepherd.
Christy earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Exercise and Sport Science from Linfield College in McMinnville, Oregon where she achieved Dean’s List honors. She then earned her Master of Science Degree in Physician Assistant Studies from Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts where she graduated magna cum laude.
Having grown up in Eugene, Christy is thrilled to give back to her hometown and treat families in the local community. When not meeting with patients, Christy gives back by helping to support college athletes. “I played college basketball and have coached AAU ball for over a decade. When I’m not working, I love playing tennis and hanging out with my husband, our three kids, and our puppy. I also love planting flowers and gardening.”
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing, Rush University College Of Nursing, Chicago, IL, 2010
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, Rush University College Of Nursing, Chicago, IL, 2003
- Healing Spirit Integrative Health Center | Family Nurse Practitioner | Eugene, OR | 2016 – 2019
- Planned Parenthood | Family Nurse Practitioner Women’s Health | Eugene, OR | 2015 – 2019
- DCIPA Roseburg | Family Nurse Practitioner | Roseburg, Oregon | 2011 – 2015
- Rush University Medical Center | Registered Nurse II Surgical Intensive Care Unit | Chicago, IL | 2007 – 2011
- Rush University Medical Center | Registered Nurse II Operating Room | Chicago, IL | 2003 – 2007
- Rush University Medical Center | Research Assistant | Chicago, IL | 2001 – 2002
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Family Nurse Practitioner Certification
- State of Oregon Registered Professional Nurse License
- State of Oregon Nurse Practitioner Family Practice License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified