Nova Health Provider Profile
“What I love the most about practicing medicine is seeing patients that want to better their health.”
As a certified physician assistant, Chaunce provides quality patient care including such services as well exams, diagnosing and treating illnesses, prescribing medications, ordering and interpreting lab tests, performing in-office procedures, and providing patient education and counseling. As his patients’ ally and advocate, he works with them to help them understand their health risks, the factors causing chronic or complex illnesses, and put treatment plans in place to improve their lifestyle. He has earned his patients’ trust thanks to his knowledge, compassion, and kindness.
Chaunce began his career as a float nurse at Kennewick General Hospital in Kennewick, Washington. His duties included emergency room care, general medical diagnosis and treatments of chronic and urgent conditions, family birthing care, surgery, ICU care, and pediatrics. During this time, he was inspired to earn his physician assistant certification. “I wanted to advance my career and do more in medicine.” He then enrolled in the University of Washington School of Medicine’s MEDEX Northwest Physician Assistant Program in Yakima, WA.
While earning his degree, Chaunce worked in a 20-bed emergency department as a floor and lead nurse. He cared for a range of patients’ needs, from the elderly to newborns. His duties included assessing and triaging patients, administering medications, and conducting in-office procedures, often critical.
After earning his bachelor’s degree in Clinical Health Services, he worked in an urgent care setting, often as the only on-site provider for several years. During that time, he would typically treat 30 to 50 patients a day. He then transitioned to family practice in which he treated a growing number of regular patients.
When not working, Chaunce’s favorite hobbies are cooking and exercising. He is married with two children.
- Bachelor of Clinical Health Services, University of Washington School of Medicine, MEDEX Northwest Physician Assistant Program, Yakima, WA, 2006
- Bachelor of Science and Nursing, Washington State University School of Nursing Intercollegiate Center for Nursing Education, Spokane, WA, 1999
- Associate Degree in Arts and Science, Columbia Basin College Pasco, WA, 1996
- Physicians Immediate Care and Medical Centers | Physician Assistant | Richland, WA 2006 – 2021
- Kadlec Medical Center | Emergency Department Registered Nurse | Richland, WA | 2000 – 2006
- Kennewick General Hospital | Registered Nurse | Kennewick, WA | 1999 – 2000
- National Commission On Certification Of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Washington Academy of Physicians Assistants
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- President’s Honor Roll Washington State University, 1996 – 1997