Nova Health Provider Profile
“I chose a career in medicine to help educate and empower my patients to live healthy, happy, and active lifestyles.”
Brianne Kanehl brings to Nova Health over seven years of experience caring for patients with various health and wellness needs. From behavioral health to critical and urgent care, Kanehl approaches every case and patient with a smile, a listening ear, and a passionate desire to heal. “Every day and every patient is unique. I love supporting each patient through the trials and triumphs on their personal path toward health.”
Kanehl’s areas of expertise include women’s health, pediatrics, and mental health. Her best advice to her patients is simple. “Laugh and smile every day! It’s contagious.”
Before moving to Oregon, Kanehl worked at Renown Rehabilitation Hospital in Reno, Nevada, and Lutheran Medical Center and Swedish Medical Center in Denver, Colorado. From 2017 to 2019, while working at St. Charles Medical Center, she leveraged her commitment to ensure the highest quality patient care by participating in the Medical Center’s staffing committee, falls prevention committee, and the overtime reduction committee. She also served as a preceptor for nursing students.
Kanehl then worked at a Federally Qualified Health Center in La Pine, OR, providing comprehensive, team-based patient care and collaborating with behavioral health and outreach specialists, clinical pharmacists, and nurse educators. She also worked part-time at a walk-in urgent care clinic, offering immediate treatments and counsel for patients with onset illnesses and injuries.
Before joining Nova Health, Kanehl cared for patients by conducting in-home and remote comprehensive health assessments. During this time, she educated patients on their health risks, medications, how to maintain optimal health, and the value of preventative screenings.
Kanehl graduated from the Jacksonville University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing and a Master of Science Degree in Nursing from Samford University. When not working, Kanehl stays active. She is a certified yoga instructor and enjoys biking, camping, and hiking with her partner and two dogs. As one of her most significant accomplishments, she summited Mt. Kilimanjaro with CARE Canada in Tanzania.
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 2019
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, FL, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Hamilton College, Clinton, New York, 2003
- Matrix Medical Network | Family Nurse Practitioner | Bend, OR | 2020
- La Pine Community Health Center | Family Nurse Practitioner | La Pine, OR | 2019 – 2020
- St. Charles Medical Center | Registered Nurse | Bend, OR | 2017– 2019
- Lutheran Medical Center | Registered Nurse, Critical Care | Denver, CO | 2015 – 2017
- Swedish Medical Center | Registered Nurse | Denver, CO | 2015
- Renown Rehabilitation Hospital | Registered Nurse | Reno, NV 2014
- Family Nurse Practitioner, AANP
- Registered Nurse, Oregon
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Central Oregon Advanced Practice Providers
- Oregon Nurses Association
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Samford University Academic Achievement Awar
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing