Nova Health Provider Profile
“What I love most about practicing medicine is taking care of the whole person.”
Marie is a caring and compassionate women’s health nurse practitioner who advocates for women by providing holistic care and ascertaining her patients’ health and obstetric-gynecological history to tailor their treatment plans. As an advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP), she develops and implements health promotion and maintenance plans to prevent and reduce disease. Her patients trust her to improve their wellness strategies by listening to their concerns and collaborating with them on treatment plans. In addition to general female health, her expertise includes female fertility for family planning, breast cancer and other disease prevention, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), and birth control treatments.
Marie’s responsibilities as an ARNP include educating and advising women compassionately upon a pregnancy diagnosis, reviewing preventive health needs with patients to establish health metrics and goals for improvement, and encouraging patients to schedule well-woman exams to guard against unexpected illnesses.
If Marie could give her patients one piece of advice, it would be to exercise. “That is what the body needs most.” She comes from a large family of 13 children. When not caring for her patients, she stays busy taking care of her grandchildren, camping, and making soap.
Marie began her nursing career in 1987. She first worked at Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland, Washington in the medical-surgical unit for 14 months before moving to Lourdes Medical Center where she worked as a labor and delivery nurse. After welcoming her own set of twins into the world in 1990, she worked in a private OB/GYN office for three years and became a nurse practitioner. Marie joined Nova Health (formerly Physicians Immediate Care and Medical Center) in 2021.
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) Certification, Texas Woman’s University of Houston and Southeast Texas, Houston, TX, 1994
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), Columbia Basin College, Pasco, WA, 1987
- Nova Health (formerly Physicians Immediate Care and Medical Center) | Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner | Richland, WA | 2021
- Providence Health Care | Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner | Richland, WA | 2015 – 2020
- Kadlec Clinic | Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner | Richland, WA | 2007 – 2015
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse