Nova Health Provider Profile
“What I love most about practicing medicine are the relationships that I have with my patients as I get to know them, as well as being able to practice an ever-evolving field and continuing to learn from it.”
Elmer Paredes brings to Nova Health over seventeen years of clinical experience in primary care, sports medicine, neurology, and pain management. As a certified physician assistant, he has developed the skills necessary to handle all medical cases, from routine to critical care, throughout his career. Elmer’s patients rely on him to keep them motivated to follow their treatment plans and provide the highest quality clinical care paired with the most compassionate communication and empathy as they work to understand diagnoses and adapt their lifestyles to improve their health outcomes. In addition, his ethical values, dedication, and professionalism have made him a much relied upon member of his patients’ clinical care teams.
After earning his Physician Assistant Certification from Saint Vincent’s-Catholic Medical Center in Fresh Meadows, New York, Elmer worked for seven years in Primary Care. Then, from 2010 to 2011, Elmer’s philanthropic sensibilities took him to India, where he worked as a volunteer medical provider.
He has also worked in neurology and physical medicine, and rehab before moving to the Oregon coast in 2015.
Immediately before joining Nova Health, Elmer worked at PeaceHealth Medical Group in Florence, Oregon as a full-time physician assistant. He managed a panel of around 1300 patients in his position, helping them manage their chronic conditions and minimize hospital inpatient stays. “I joined the compassionate care team at Nova Health to expand my clinical experiences and unique talents in medicine and broaden my knowledge of the profession.” In addition, Elmer is proficient in Spanish, which is a comfort to his native Spanish-speaking patients.
When he’s not caring for his patients, Elmer is relaxing in nature and pursuing one of his many hobbies. “I’m an avid fisherman who can’t seem to catch much fish.” He and his family are greatly enjoying the beautiful natural scenery Oregon has to offer.
- Physician Assistant Certificate, Saint Vincent’s-Catholic Medical Center, Fresh Meadows, New York
- Bachelor of Science Degree, St. John’s University, Jamaica, New York
- PeaceHealth Medical Group | Full-Time Physician Assistant | Florence, OR | 2016 – 2021
- Forest Hills Rehabilitation | Full-Time Physician Assistant | Forest Hills, NY | 2013 – 2015
- Neuro Pain Care | Per Diem Physician Assistant | Fresh Meadows, Astoria, Mt. Sinai, NY | 2012
- Gimme Shelter India | Medical Volunteer | Kolkata, West Bengal, India | 2010 – 2011
- Opty Medical | Physician Assistant and Coordinating Manager | Howard Beach, NY | 2003 – 2010