Nova Health Provider Profile
“Why put off until tomorrow, what you can do today? Today is all that is guaranteed. Enjoy every moment of life.”
Dana brings to Nova Health nearly thirty years of healthcare experience and a commitment to providing the highest patient service level. “What I love most about practicing medicine is becoming invested in my patients and their health.” She has an intimate knowledge of clinical and hospital settings and the systems that make them successful. As a family nurse practitioner, she provides a wide range of family-focused health care services to her patients. Her responsibilities include performing physical exams, diagnostic tests, prescribing medications, developing treatment plans, and treating acute and chronic illnesses.
Dana’s areas of expertise include physical therapy, intensive care, orthopedics, and neuroscience. She is particularly focused on preventive medicine. She has cared for patients of all ages and trained in various orthopedic procedures, including joint injections and trigger point injections. Her high standards and professionalism are well-known, and she has earned respect and lifelong appreciation from her fellow practitioners and her patients.
“I became a candy-striper at 14 and have been driven to help people my whole life.” Dana holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from Simpson University in Redding, California. During her tenure as a BSN, she completed assignments in Orthopedic, Neuroscience, ICU/CICU, ER, and worked as a nursing supervisor. Dana also worked for 15 years in the physical therapy field. Feeling a desire to advance her education, knowledge, and scope of patient care, she returned to school. “Having more to offer and a need to grow personally and professionally, I continued my education through my master’s degree.” Dana holds a Master of Science Degree in Nursing with a Family Nurse Practitioner specialty from Chamberlain University.
Before joining Nova Health, Dana worked as a family nurse practitioner at Shasta Regional Medical Group in Redding. “I saw 20 to 25 patients a day, of all ages, with a wide range of health conditions, both chronic and acute. I managed the clinic and the medical director’s patient load after he suffered a health crisis within my first nine months as an FNP.”
Having grown up on a farm, Dana loves small-town life and is committed to serving families in rural communities. “As a child, I lived with my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. My grandparents raised a monkey on the farm that hated us, kids. One day I got too close to my grandmother, and the monkey bit me. I have a real monkey bite on my head!”
Dana enjoys kayaking, camping, traveling, and caring for her pets with her spouse when not caring for patients. She has two children and three grandchildren.
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Specialty, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Chicago, IL, 2017
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, Simpson University, Redding, CA, 2014
- Shasta Regional Medical Group | Family Nurse Practitioner | Redding, CA | 2018 – 2021
- Simpson University | Professor and Clinical Instructor| Redding, CA | 2015 – 2021
- Shasta Regional Medical Group | Nursing Supervisor, Registered Nurse Float Pool | Redding, CA | 2016 – 2018
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Registered Nurse State of California
- Registered Nurse State of Idaho
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Family Nurse Practitioner (APRN-FNP) State of Idaho
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- California Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Redding Area PA & NP Alliance
- Basic Life Support Certified
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified
- Homeless Rockstars, 2015 – 2016