COVID-19 Testing Options
Nova Health is offering COVID-19 testing at all Nova Health Urgent Care locations
COVID-19 Screening and Testing FAQ’s
What is Considered Direct Exposure to COVID-19?
People who have been in close contact/direct exposure with someone who has COVID-19 or
are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
What counts as close contact?
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
Steps to Take During Quarantine After Direct Exposure:
Have been boosted OR Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in the past 6 months OR Completed the primary series of J&J vaccine in the past 2 months
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days
- Test on day 5, if possible
Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 6 months ago and are not boosted OR Completed the primary series of J&J vaccine over 2 months ago and are not boosted OR Are unvaccinated
- Stay home for 5 days. After that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you can’t quarantine you must wear a mask for 10 days
- Test on day 5 if possible
If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home-Symptoms include fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19
When Should Testing Occur?
- Testing should occur 5-days post-exposure OR
- You develop symptoms
- Rapid tests are antigen tests, the COVID-19 equivalents of a rapid strep test
- As with all rapid tests, there’s a balance between speed and accuracy
- The characteristics of the antigen testing technology may infrequently result in a “false positive” in patients without symptoms.
- To ensure testing accuracy PCR testing will be performed on all patients that are not
exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms that have had a direct exposure
- PCR testing is the most sensitive and specific test available; however no single test is 100% accurate
How to Get Your Test Results:
Rapid Antigen Test
- If you receive a rapid antigen test, you MUST STAY at the testing facility to receive your results. If you need a copy of your results, please request one as you wait
- You will receive your results via a secure portal within 2-4 business days
- Login or create an account on the LabCorp patient portal at patient.labcorp.com
Positive Test Result & COVID-19 Symptoms:
Regardless of your vaccination status the CDC (Center for Disease Control) recommends:
- Stay home for 5 days
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house. Stay home until you are fever free for 24 hours(<100.0).
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
We realize you are in quarantine, and your results are very important.
Please check the LabCorp Portal for your results. We will call all positives.
COVID-19 Test Results: What to Expect
Rapid Antigen Test
If you receive a rapid antigen test, you must stay at the testing facility to receive your results.
If you need a copy of your results, please request one as you wait.
If you receive a PCR test you will receive your results within 2-4 (dependant on volumes) business days.
Your PCR test results will be available via secure portal.
Log in or create an account on the LabCorp patient portal here.